Wednesday, April 15, 2009

17 hard bolied eggs sitting in a bowl in yr fridge?

I have issues with throwing out food. I have already eaten 4 hard boiled eggs and I really don't think the boys will touch another one.
What am I gonna do with these eggs? EGGGGGGGGSSSSSSS!

GREEN EGGS AND HAM!
Yep- the week after Easter is the perfect Dr. Seuss week for yr kiddos.
Plan a family learning week around him with The Lorax for some Eco green talks, the audio recording of Seuss for rest time one day, imagination day with this , lesson plans of gratitude with this , and OF COURSE GREEN EGGS AND HAM with a dinner of yr leftovers!
COOK this and make them laugh as you allow reading at the table one night with the book we all love!

Here is my recipe ( I use this term loosely)
Large bag frozen spinach, cooked and drained
8 hard-cooked eggs, halved
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
2 tablespoon onion
I saute the spinach and onion and slice up the eggs and add everything in a casserole baking dish and top it with a filo dough crust.
I bake it for 30 mins or so on 350.
I also use bits and bobs of whatever is on hand to add to it. (I add potatoes/veg-anything)
You get the idea. I am sure there are tons of great recipes out there! Have you been to this site:
http://www.incredibleegg.org

THE KEY is getting the buy in for a great week of learning and being frugal and wasting less! Learn! And talk to older children about the creativity involved in solving problems- no matter how small (like using up eggs instead of wasting)
Be a creative family with a full tummy of Green Eggs and Ham this week!
I hope all the cool folks over at PBN
LOVE this- It works!


like this post! It really works!